Warooka Demographics (SA) Local Stats

Warooka (5577) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 110 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. Warooka is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of Warooka was 198 and is comprised of approximately 49.5% females and 50.5% males.

The median/average age of the population of Warooka is 52 years of age.

86.7% of people living in the suburb of Warooka were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 8.2% England.

95.9% of people living in Warooka speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 4.1% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Warooka is 30.8% No religion, 21.2% Uniting Church, 14.1% Anglican, 12.6% Catholic, 9.1% Religious affiliation not stated, 4.5% Pentecostal, 3.0% Lutheran, 1.5% Salvation Army, 1.5% Baptist, 1.5% Other religious affiliation .

43.9% of people are married, 22.2% have never married and 17.0% are divorced and 5.3% are separated. There are 20 widowed people living in Warooka.

38.3% of the people living in Warooka over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 54.3% are working on a part time basis. Warooka has an unemployment rate of 3.7%.

The main occupations of people living in Warooka are 17.3% Labourers, 16.0% Managers, 13.3% Professionals, 12.0% Machinery operators & drivers, 12.0% Sales workers, 12.0% Technicians & trades workers, 9.3% Clerical & administrative workers, 8.0% Community & personal service workers.

The main industries people from Warooka work in are 26.2% Retail trade, 18.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 11.2% Public administration and safety, 11.2% Construction, 7.5% Accommodation and food services, 6.2% Health care and social assistance, 3.8% Professional, scientific and technical services, 3.8% Manufacturing, 3.8% Electricity, gas, water and waste services.

47.4% of homes are fully owned, and 25.3% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 21.1% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $340 per week and the median household income is $540 per week.

The median rent in Warooka is $93 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $542 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Warooka postcode 5577

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Glenelg South 5045 -> Adelaide -> South Australia